People ask us all the time, "Do you hear the same questions about Embedr a lot?" That answer is yes. Next question.
What would I ever use Embedr for?
We created Embedr because we needed it. We simply wanted a way to put all our favorite videos from all over the web in one place. Since then, Embedr has evolved to service a multitude of different applications. Here are some of the more practical uses:
- You've found 3 different live performances of Michael McDonald's Ya Mo B There, each one better than the previous. Obviously, you need this on your blog, and stat. If you embed each video separately, you'll have Ya Mo stacked on top Ya Mo stacked on top Ya Mo, and then you'll be left with one crappy looking page, and no one will want to B there. Old McDonald had an Embedr playlist, E-I-E-I-Awesome.
- Your #1 favorite Jean Claude Van Damme movie clip of all time is on YouTube, #2 is on Vimeo, and #'s 3-5 are all on MySpace. Jumping from site to site to view them all is worse than powder in the eyes. Paste them all into one nice playlist and you'll be doing the splits again faster than you can say JCVD.
- You're the #1 fansite of Britney Spears, and she just went mental again. You pounced on the story first and posted the video of her shaving her babies heads while driving down Rodeo. Minutes later, Britney's second biggest fansite posts a video with a better angle of the incident revealing she was actually just peeling an orange. Guess who's #1 now? Oops. Don't do it again, build a Smart Playlist that automatically updates itself with the latest and most viewed Britney videos. Go ahead, call it a comeback.
- You want everyone on your MySpace page to know how diverse your taste is in music, but the text links in your page's Music section just aren't making the cut. Give 'em something to talk about when your Embedr playlist jumps seemlessly from Hall & Oates to haulin' ass with Slayer's Angel of Death.
- Your favorite episode of Small Wonder is on Dailymotion, but because of upload video size limitations, it's broken into 6 parts. Being inturrupted 6 times to change to the next video really fries my circuits. Build the whole episode, or build the whole season for that matter. As for inturrupted play? No-n-n-no-no-more!
- There are tons more practical uses Embedr, and more poping up every day. Have one that we forgot to mention? Contact us and if we laugh, we'll put it on the homepage.
Is Embedr free?
Yes, Embedr is absolutly free of charge, even signing up for an account is free.
Can I upload a video to Embedr?
No, Embedr does not host any videos. Embedr simply let's you take your favorite videos from all over the web and make them into a playlist.
What video sites are compatible with Embedr?
Most of the top video sites like YouTube, MySpace, Vimeo, Dailymotion, and Blip.Tv work with Embedr right now. Here is a complete list of all Embedr compatible sites. We do our best to keep up with new video sites, and make them to play nice with us. If you'd like to recommend a site to us - contact us. Also, check out our the official Embedr Blog to stay updated as to what we're working on.
What's the difference between a standard playlist and a smart playlist?
- A Standard Playlist is made up of a list of specific videos you choose in the order you specify.
- A Smart Playlist is a playlist of YouTube only videos that is constantly changing depending on a list of keywords you specify. The playlist can pull videos from all of YouTube, or from a specific YouTube User ID. Both relevant to the keywords you specify. What videos display in the playlist depends on how the date the video was created and how highly rated it is.
How do I add a video to a playlist
There are two ways to add a video to your playlist. You can either copy and paste the video's URL or Embed code the host site.
What are playlist tags?
Playlist tags are a great way for other people to find you playlists. When creating your playlist, list as many words or phrases you can that best describe the content of your
How many videos can I put in my playlist?
The maximum number of videos you can add to one standard playlist is 100, the amount of videos you can add to a smart playlist is 50.
Can I save my playlist to view later?
By default, all created playlists are saved as the original title of the playlist and can be revisited anytime.
Can I update my playlist once it's created?
Yes, if you want to update a playlist after it's created you will first need to create a free account with Embedr. Once registered, you can log in anytime and view your saved playlists and add, delete or rearrange them as you please.s
How come I can't change the height of my Embedr playlist?
You can only specify a width for your Embedr playlist, once you select a width, the player height will automatically resize porportionately.
Why do some of my videos not play or say "The video is currently unavailable?"
Most likely, the video has been taken down by the host site for some reason. Sites do this commonly becuase of issues with copyrights or innapropriate content. Check the host site's terms of service before adding a video to Embedr to make sure it will stay up.
From time to time, host sites may change the way their website works. This may cause Embedr to not be able to display your video. Do not lose hope, we constantly monitor the site for errors and try to fix prroblems as they happen. You can help us out by submitting any problems you may encounter with Embedr to our service department