Many of us like to watch music videos – either because they’re funny, or simply because they provide a visual for the audio. Sometimes, they are great entertainment because you can laugh at the antics of the performers or marvel at the smooth voices and soothing vocals of the artists. Music videos play a huge role in selling music. If that wasn’t the case, performers wouldn’t spend oodles of money on making them, only to cringe at the videos decades later. Proof of fashion faux pas and styles can be commented upon years down the line, thanks to the magic of the internet and the visual content it offers.
But which sites offer great quality music videos and have great audio quality at the same time?
YouTube is the main contender for providing a multitude of videos and audio clips, depending upon your requirement. Chances are that you will find the long lost song you’ve been looking for that was lost along the way. But if you’re fed up of opening the various options that come up with your search and you’re not happy with some of the poor quality or low resolution clips, then the below mentioned websites could be just the thing you need.
- Vimeo: This is great for creative people and most clips uploaded via Vimeo are high quality video clips that showcase work and are a creative platform with more feedback generation and less nonsense trolling. You have the choice between using a free user account or a pro account. You can create videos and share them through various other channels. If you’re new to the uploading feature – there is a video school to help you through the basics.
- tv: The great thing about this website is that Blip users rarely post one-off videos, so are guaranteed to a certain extent of high quality videos. There are free and pro account users which will give you an increase of data storage per video, better conversion rates, timed releases, HD and many more features. As a user you have the option to plan your webs series in advance as well as share your video clips. Your videos can also be distributed through YouTube and other platforms so you don’t have to worry about maximizing your reach with Blip.tv.
- ZippCast: With a classic layout design which can be customized as per your preferences, new features are constantly being developed like the iPod touch/ touch app. This website takes you back to how YouTube used to be nearly a decade back. This is touted to be the best alternative to YouTube on the internet right now. With this website, you can register, upload and experience for yourself the old layout. It’s easy, simple to navigate and fuss free.
- Vevo: Jointly owned and operated by Universal Music Group, Google, Sony Music Entertainment and Abu Dhabi Media, this website has its headquarters in NYC. Vevo offers music videos from two of the three biggest music labels – UMG and SME. With such a backing and catalogue of music, this is sure to be the next best thing in the world of music video streaming. Going live in 2008, it took over MySpace Music as the number one most visited music site in the US. It is available in select countries and still has to be released worldwide.
- Google Video: Google had to be featured on the list. Being the giants of the internet industry, they are spreading their arms into various ventures and streaming music videos is one of them. But it still has to gain traction with many online users with so many options online right now.